SYN: Acute Metritis, Acute Endometritis, Acute Congestion
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Ice Bag over seat of pain during both following heat treatments repeat as needed
- Hot Hip and Leg Pack or Hot and Cold Pelvic Pack every 2-4 hrs for 20 min followed by
- Continuous heat to legs and Cooling Compress 15°C, over lower abdomen, external genitals and inner thigh.
- Vaginal Irrigation 40°C, (43-50°C in acute cases) 15 min every 3 hours
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Acute: see Pelvic Congestion for chronic cases
- Kidney Inflammation
- Uterine Inflammation
- tubal inflammation and Acute Metritis
- and Vascular Antiphlogistics
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Pelvic Pain especially if much thickening
- For retained secundines in puerperium : operate immediately
- For simple Salpingitis do NOT operate
- If this develops in to pyosalpinx only operate when temperature is normal and acute inflammation has subsided
- For Pelvic Cellulitis do NOT operate
- For abscess formation provide drainage.
- precede with very hot Vaginal Irrigation (12 litres of weak permanganate solution) or better if possible...
- soft rubber bag inserted in vagina up to the cervix with inlet and outlet - water through at 50°C at low pressure then...
- Repeat 2-3x/day as needed (this produces more permanent active congestion than the passive produced by the hot pack)
- interval Wet Girdle
- Cold Foot Bath
When temperature normal, tenderness subsided...
Chronic: when patient can walk...
- hot Vaginal Irrigation then...
- Revulsive Sitz - followed by a brief, very-cold Cold Sitz Bath
- Alternate Sitz after patient is used to Revulsive
- Hot Half Bath is sometimes better as body is less cramped and both hips and legs are immersed. finish with...
- cold Pail Pour to hips
- Alternate Rectal Irrigation
- Revulsive Pelvic Pack
- use other Tonics especially - Alternate Douche (percussion) to sacrum, legs and feet
In delayed resolution: Cold Rubbing Sitz to hasten absorption of residual thickening
- use hot or Alternate Vaginal Irrigation until resolution.
- Articular Effusions
- Bladder Catarrh
- Bladder Inflammation
- Blood Clot
- Breast Inflammation
- Capillary Bronchitis
- Cardiac Inflammation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Deep-seated Inflammation
- Endometritis - Acute
- External Eye Inflammations
- Eyeball Inflammations
- Eye Strain
- Gastric Inflammation
- Inflamed Bile Ducts
- Inflamed Haemorrhoids
- Intestinal Inflammation
- Joint Inflammation
- Kidney Suppuration
- Local Inflammation
- Local Skin Inflammation
- Lymph Gland Inflammation
- Metritis - Acute
- Middle Ear Inflammation
- Neuritic Inflammation
- Nocturnal Asthma
- Pelvic Inflammation
- Pleural Exudate
- Pleural Inflammation
- Poison Ivy
- Rectal Fissure
- Rectal Inflammation
- Secondary Orchitis
- Sore Throat - Acute
- Spinal Cord Inflammation
- Superficial Inflammation
- Tear Duct Blockage
- Testicle Inflammation
- Throat Inflammation
- Treating Inflammations
- Visceral Inflammation