from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Repeated alternate 15 sec hot and cold douche.
- Repeat and use temperatures as needed to produce Tonic effect.
- Do not use in acute inflammations or irritations. Use Revulsive Douche
In chronic impairments:
- Old Exudate
- Pleural Exudate
- Enlarged Spleen
- Hepatic Hypertrophy
- Hepatic Inactivity
- Stiff Joints
- Pelvic Atony
- Paresis or Paralysis
Chronic swellings in:
Local applications in:
- Bed Sores
- Indolent Ulcers
- Skin Thickening
- chronic Renal Inactivity
- Cold Extremities
- Gastric Dilation
- Insensitive Rectum
- Chronic Prostate Enlargement,
General for skin problems: 2x daily
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Same as Scotch Douche except cold is longer
- 3 abrupt changes from hot to cold
- Hot: 44-46°C, 30sec-2min
- Cold: 12-21°C, 30sec-1min depending patient's reactive ability
- Percussion gives vigour and permanency to reaction
- Vigorous Fluxion to legs and spine: powerful Tonic and Stimulant
- With percussion Derivative
- Reflex affects if used locally with percussion