Simultaneous Scotch Douche
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Tonic While patient in Shower 38-39°C, cold douche to sequential parts of the body, held out of Shower 2-5 seconds each.
- Build up to strong Percussion Douche to the back.
- To increase the intensity the body may be done several times in cold-sensitive Neurasthenia
Types of simultaneous scotch:
1. Combined Cool (18-27°C) Spinal and Hot (41-52°C) Abdominal
- 5-20 min, moderate 5-15lbs, the patient is seated on a stool
- Antiphlogistic, Derivative and Analgesic used in:
2. Cool Lumbar, hot Hypogastric Douche
- procedure as above except restricted to the lumbar and hypogastric areas in painful chronic Pelvic Congestion in
3. Cold (10-15°C) Spinal Percussion, Hot (43-50°C) Foot Douche
- Fan Douche or spray to the feet as long as possible to 1 min.
- End with 2-3 quick applications of cold to the whole body with cold spray to feet and legs for 2-3 seconds. in
- sensitive Neurasthenia with weakness or cold intolerance