SYN: capillary bronchitis, really only an extension of severe bronchitis - involves small bronchial tubes and lung tissue around these - chiefly in children (and always in infants) and aged
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Undulant Fever treat as usual
To maintain blood oxygen:
- keep air in room fresh but warm
- Steam Inhalation
- Fomentations over front of chest and daily to back
- Hot Tub Bath 38°C followed by, while sitting in tub...
- Pail Pour 25-32°C depending on vitality to shoulders and chest
- Between above treatments - Dry Pack to chest
- Hot Tub Bath 39°C 6min then
- Heating Pack - crying will assist expectoration after child wakes or if they do not sleep finish with
- Wet Hand Rub with interval Chest Pack
- if they sleep remove in 1hour by tepid Sponge
- if there is cyanosis and chilliness use warm bath as above or sheet pack wrung from warm water as skin must be kept warm.
- Infants do not need extremes of temperature
- Hot Foot Bath with
- Fomentations to chest followed by
- Cold Mitten Friction in morning, tepid Sponge in the afternoon.
- Dry Pack to chest between
- Enema if needed
- Sponge when temperature over 39°C
- Water Drinking
In Measles - every 3 hours: to improve breathing and expectoration
- Neutral Tub Bath (32-35°C) when warm sit up and...
- cool Pail Pour (21-24°C) over chest, shoulders and back or
- Cooling Compress very cold, frequently renewed to chest, repeat 2-4x, last compress remains on for 30-60min or
- appropriate Sponge, cold or hot depending on type of fever
If high fever
- Cold air