SYN: Cold, Head Cold or Common Cold
from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- A cold is a mild virus infection of the nose and throat.
- There are cold viruses in the air all the time but.... PEOPLE WITH A WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM CATCH COLD.
- Find out what is weakening your immune system.
- Cold Shower daily to prevent.
For Frequent Colds (poor immune system)
Early Therapy to abort cold on first symptoms:-
- Half teaspoon of salt, sucked slowly
- Deep breathing exercises - slow, full breaths 40 times, 3x daily
- Tea Tree Oil rubbed under nose or as inhalation or gargle or
- mix 3 drops with honey and suck
- Hot Foot Bath with cold pour to feet, rest 30min.
- Alternate Hot and Cold Lung Compress followed by,
- Cold Tub Bath repeat after one hour if still have symptoms
- Vigorous exercise - until sweating. If toxicity develops do Hydrotherapy instead
- Push water
- Therapeutic Diet
- One teaspoon of charcoal in water 3x daily between meals
- Avoid exhaustion - Sleep routine
- Nasal Irrigation
- Immune System Maintenance
- Daily Fomentations Chest and back with
- Russian Bath
- Hot Tub Bath
- Encourage drinking water
- Keep feet warm in air conditioning
- Avoid caffeine
For Stuffy Nose (Nasal Congestion)...
- Hot or cold water bath for hands
For chest tightness after cold or chest cold...
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Graduated Tonic Cold 1-2x a day
- Outdoor life
- Avoid excessively warm clothes and rooms and very hot baths
- Wear linen next to skin year round
- Sweating Treatments at bedtime followed by Graduated Tonic Cold
- Hot Foot Bath with very Hot Compress to face
- Steam Inhalation
- copious Water Drinking
- Vigorously apply prevention and acute treatments
- Avoid chilling
- treat acute colds promptly
- treat the accompanying gastric conditions from low resistance
in chronic cases
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Almost always due to Tissue poisons accumulating ie Toxaemia
- face-bath in Steam Inhalation
- Neck Compress
- heating Dry Pack
- Hot Foot Bath - in early stage
- Head Pack
for running nose - Nasal Irrigation
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
see Bronchitis for acute bronchitis and stages of the disease
- Aseptic Diet - lots of Vitamins A and C
- Sun Bath
- Daily Graduated Tonic Cold
- Daily physical exercise 2 types:
- 20 min, nude in a cool room before daily Alternate Shower
- 1 hr brisk walk, in 15min sessions OK, "walking, never hurrying, breathing deeply, and thinking soundly."
- "Change of mental state through mental hygiene with the express hope and purpose of producing a more wholesome attitude of the patient toward himself and his environment."
- Rest after each meal
PT in Nursing Care pp378,9 from Spiesman and Arnold
- Relieve congestion and pain
- Ease the cough and aid expectoration by first increasing fluidity then later the facilitating expectoration.
First: general Diaphoretics Repeated every 3-5 hrs
- Hot Foot Bath or Leg Bath with
- Fomentations to chest and throat (relieve cough and pain) with
- Sweating Pack
- Hot Water Drinking especially lemon (aid sweating and increase fluidity)
When perspiring freely:- mild cold
After the first day:
- Spinal Alternate Applications
- Scotch Compress to chest or
- Alternate Foot Bath to equalise circulation and normalise tone then put to bed with and allowed perspire gently with:-
followed next day or hours later by:-
As expectoration becomes freer:-
Coryza (head cold)