from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
A reactionary Excitant effect to increase expectoration, usually vapour inhalation or baths or steam bath with water drinking
- Russian Bath or Vapor Bath in...
- above with Graduated Tonic Cold...
- Steam Inhalation
- Chest Pack ...
- copious Hot Water Drinking before any Sudorific
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
For inflammations of the respiratory tract, singly or combined:
- Russian Bath or Vapor Bath
- Steam Inhalation medicated or plain
- Fomentations to chest or throat or Hot Trunk Pack
- heating Chest Pack or Throat Compress
- Hot Water Drinking
- are usually Diaphoretics
All the above treatments cause sweating so:-