from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Cold Douche - Fan to back of chest followed by...
- heating Chest Pack
- Revulsive Compress to chest
- Scotch Douche to legs
- Hot Foot Bath or hot Leg Bath or Hot Leg Pack
- large Hot Enema
- If Sympathetic Irritation, Nervous Asthma
- Protected Chest Pack
- prolonged Neutral Tub Bath
- Fomentations to chest then Chest Pack
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Bronchospasm - Revulsive
- hot Pulmonary Douche
- hot Percussion Douche to legs
- Alternate very hot Spray
- Short Cold Fan Douche
- Revulsive Fan Douche
- Cold Towel Rub - do not apply to chest
- Dry Friction
Expectorant for chronic
For Hay Fever
- Change of Climate
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Acute asthma is rarely fully relieved by hydrotherapy but try:
- Expectorants especially:
Very severe asthma can be almost completely cured by a prolonged course of:
- dietetic and
- climatic treatments
- Dry Pack in the frail
Bronchial Asthma: treat by prolonged:
with "almost miraculous, astonishing results."