from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Single jet or spray douche under strong pressure to the soles of the feet. Or use Kellogg's bucket.
- Thick dry woolen blanket wrapped around patient to protect body drawn tightly at neck.
- Standing in Hot Foot Bath 40-43°C, patient bends forward as 6 litres of water 15°C are poured over head and neck as Cephalic Douche
- Cephalic Compress or wet towel wrapped around head 10°C
- Patient stands erect as cold broken jet to feet for ½-2 min
- Plantar Douche as above or
- Patient stands facing attendant with douche to feet and ankles for 15 sec, turns back to attendant and lifts left foot for 10 sec then right as cold Douche is applied to plantar surface.
- Repeat this 3 times.