from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Pail Pour to the back of the head and neck.
- Patient either lies prone, head down over end of bed or sitting in bath (38°C),
- ears and shoulders protected by towels and
- water poured over head to run down neck and spine
- Take care, begin slowly.
- For more control, safety and convenience use:
Repeated Cold: (rare) 15-10°C
- Every 5 min while patient in Brand Bath
- General Excitant especially for brain in:
- Grave Typhoid Fever
Prolonged Cold : Depressant can lead to suffocation or cardiac arrest use carefully in
Short Cold: vasodilation in brain, Excitant, in:
Short Tepid: Pour 27-33°C, 3-5 min Sedative in
Neutral Fan Douche: to occiput and neck after general Neutral Douche
- excellent for Insomnia