from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- Massage in advanced cases.
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
General Method: adapted according to condition
- Warm clothes, avoid chill, copious water drinking
- Aseptic Diet avoid all condiments, beverages and meat
- frequent Neutral Tub Bath
- Gentle Graduated Tonic Cold
- Outdoor life
- Cold Immersions
- prolonged Cold or Heat
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Autointoxication - Aseptic Diet
- Inactive Skin
- Superficial Anaemias
- Renal Congestion
- Renal Inactivity
- Effervescent Bath
- effervescent Electro-Chemical Bath
- Pine-Needle Bath
- Carbon Dioxide Bath
- heat then tepid Fan Douche 1-2 minutes
- Sweating Treatments
Graduated Tonic Cold - Begin with Fan Douche
- Cold Douche after careful buildup
- Dry Friction
Spoliatives if oedema
- Shallow Bath
- Cold Douche if pain
- Cold Plunge - if albuminuria
- Hot Tub Bath
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Oedema as toxins affect permeability of vessel walls
- Valvular Heart Disease
Diaphoretics and Diuretics to correct abnormal function ie.
- renal impermeability to and inefficient elimination of nitrogenous wastes and salts
- abnormal permeability to proteins and water
Treatment is aimed at -
1. Decreasing toxins and salts in the body and thus the renal workload by:-
- Purine-free Diet
- no added salt
- graduated outdoor exercise programme
2. Increase elimination of nitrogen, salt and water by:-
- More vigorous Diaphoretics and Diuretics than in acute stage
- Beware of high blood pressure.
- Living in a hot, dry climate
- Russian Bath daily or
- Turkish Bath
- Electric Light Bath
- Effervescent Bath
- Sweating Pack
all the above 3x a week followed by a Tonic ...
- Alternate Shower or Alternate Spray or best
- Alternate Douche (percussion) generally but especially to lower sternum and lower back to stimulate renal activity
- Cold Mitten Friction
- Graduated Shower
- Salt Glow
- Turkish Shampoo afterwards weekly
- Sun Bath daily
- Coloclyster if extreme constipation