from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- Fomentations over the back, for 45min. Repeat every 3 hours until fever drops below 38°C
- Push water but within normal amounts, don't overload.
- Treat other symptoms as needed
- Hot Foot Bath
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Bed Rest
- Maintain warm, active skin to perspiration
- Liquid Diet and free Water Drinking and juice drinking to encourage diuresis
- Renal Congestion
- Renal Inactivity
- Decreased Elimination causing Uraemia
- Cardiac Insufficiency - check weak pulse
- Renal Headache
- Kidney Suppuration
- Prolonged general Cold treatments
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- short, very hot treatments
- avoid cold except
- Cold Mitten Friction and Cold Towel Rub followed by Massage
In Fevers use Spoliatives
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Initially kidneys are inflamed, swollen and tense, and should be treated as Inflammations . Later there is venous stasis
Treatment must consist of sweating for at least an hour, daily.
Diaphoretics and Diuretics begin with mildest daily or BD ie.
- Hot Foot Bath with Fomentations to spine, chest or abdomen or
- Hot Trunk Pack
If symptoms are urgent...
- Hot Blanket Pack or
- Hot Tub Bath 36-40°C for 10-15min or
- Hot Air Bath
- all the above with...
- Cooling Compress to head and
- Precordial Compress if pulse over 100 and
- copious Water Drinking (or lemon or orange juice) during treatment
- followed by...
- vigorous Cold Mitten Friction then wrap in dry, warmed blankets to sweat gently for an hour or longer
- or tepid Sponge
Mild cases use Brand Bath
Severe cases use Graduated Tub Bath
- Water Drinking (lemon) large quantities during packs
During fever: keep cold treatments moderate and short
- Ensure reaction by short heat (esp Hot Foot Bath then
- Fomentations to spine and across lower back only) then...
- Graduated Tonic Cold eg...
- Pail Pour, Cold Sponge,
- hot Cooling Pack renew by sprinkling with cold water
- Graduated Tub Bath begin at 36°C raise till warmed then down to 27°C - never chill as causes renal congestion
Cold Towel Rub due to eruption
After or at end of Fever:
- Diaphoretics see above with
- Cold Mitten Friction after desquamation has begun