from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Same effects as horizontal jet or broken jet
Advantage of low pressure use where regular douche is too irritating
Alternate Very Hot (41-50°C) and Cold to feet and legs in:
- low pressure in Lighting Pains
- moderate pressure in Insomnia 5 min to whole body but especially back and legs.
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Effects the same as Shower except slightly more general and mechanical effects can be greater as water pressure is increased
- The simultaneous projection of water against all parts of the body by horizontal jets surrounding the patient.
- Four upright pipes, arranged in a square, having perforations or nozzles toward the centre.
- Tall patients crouch slightly and short patients stand on a stool so that the trunk is well covered by sprays if perforations.
- Nozzles are better as the top one is moveable.
- The finer the spray the more pleasant.