from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
15, 10-20°C 2 sec to 2 min or until reaction
- Leave pool before any chilliness, rub dry and exercise 30 min.
- Can cause serious injury, know the patient's condition.
- Skin must be warm before entering from exercise or sweating treatment.
Metabolic Stimulant in:
- Diabetes without Emaciation
- Sedentary Lifestyle,
- Hypopepsia - alternate with Hot Tub Bath
- Cases where percutient effects of Cold Douche are Contra-indicated
The plunge can cause serious injury and should be avoided in:
- Any Elevation of temperature
- Cardiac Insufficiency
- Exhaustion or loss of sleep
- Chronic Nephritis with Albuminuria
- Diabetes with Emaciation
- Haemorrhages or tendency to haemorrhage of any viscera eg gastric ulcer
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Last round of therapeutic ladder.
- Patient plunges into 27-30°C water and makes vigorous swimming movements to react promptly.
- Stay in only 1-2min.
- Later decrease water temperature and gradually increase time to 5 then finally 15 min.