from Hydrothermic Remedies...
A shower that begins at 38-39°C and drops steadily to 36-34°C.
- Preparatory to a tub bath or other treatment.
- As a sedative in Nervous System Irritability and Insomnia.
- When it is desirable to suppress reaction as much as possible, as in acute inflammation.
- When acute nervous irritability or excitability exists.
- Stool- non-rusting
- Shower cap if patient wishes
- Rubber mat on floor of shower so patient doesn't slip.
Preparation for Treatment
- Turn on shower and adjust to proper temperature.
- Make sure patient's feet are warm before entering shower.
- Use shower cap if patient wishes.
- Have stool on hand in case patient becomes faint.
- Have patient get into shower
- Time 3 to 5 minutes after reaching neutral temperature
- 39-36°C, 3 - 4 minutes then
- 36°C, 3 - 5 minutes
Completion of Treatment
- Dry quickly without percussion or unnecessary friction