from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Acute Nephritis
- Typhoid Fever - hot Blanket every hour to vigorous sweating
- Scarlet Fever
- Yellow Fever - Fomentations and Hot Blanket Pack esp
- Complications of Acute Fevers
Skin must be kept hot, cold must be partial, avoid chilling
- Hot Blanket Pack 30-60 min or other Sweating Treatments every 2-4 hours (Maintains skin activity) with Ice Bag over heart
- Hot Tub Bath 39-41°C 6 min followed by ...
- Neutral Tub Bath 33-34°C 1-2 hours
- Fomentations to back 20 min every 2 hours with Ice Bag over lower sternum and protected Heating Compress 15°C during interval
- Copious Enema 33°C 3x a day
- Small Ice Bag over lower third of sternum remove for 5 min every 30 min
- copious Water Drinking