from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Early treatment before eruption...
If eruption is delayed...
- Wet Sheet Pack prolonged to heating stage
After eruption has fully developed...
- cooling Wet Sheet Pack, Graduated bath for fever
- Copious Water drinking
To prevent throat complications...
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
At beginning: encourage eruption by:
Later after eruption is fully developed: Antipyretics
Prevent throat infection spreading to ears by:
- Fomentations to throat 10 min every hour with interval Ice Bag
- Steam Inhalation
- Throat Irrigation
- Throat Compress 15°C changed every 15 min then protected
- Heating Compress changed every 3 hours
- Spray throat with peroxide every hour
- short Cold Tub Bath
- Prolonged Hot Tub Bath
- all measures that diminish heat elimination and increase heat production
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Diffuse scarlet erythema, sore throat, tonsillitis
Aims: (in common with all fevers)
- Maintain resistance
- Increase phagocytosis
- Promote elimination
- Sustain heart and circulation
- Control nervous manifestations
- Prevent congestion - must produce strong reaction
- Chronic Nephritis
- Infectious Arthritis
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Visceral Congestion in early stages
Before eruption: as for Measles
- brief Diaphoretics then
- brief non-friction cold
- Hot Tub Bath then Graduated Tub Bath
- Fomentations then Cooling Pack
- Water Drinking >2 lt/day to prevent kidney damage can be lemon
For sore throat...
- Fomentations to neck and upper chest with
- Hot Foot Bath and Cooling Compress to sweating then
- heating Throat Compress between
For temperature over 39.5°C... Antipyretics
To aid desquamation and prevent contagion:
- Bubonic Plague
- Complications of Acute Fevers
- Dengue Fever
- Fungal Diseases
- Glandular Fever
- Head Lice
- Infectious Mononucleosis
- Remittent Malaria
- Scarlet Fever
- Spanish Influenza
- Typhoid Fever
- Typhus Fever
- Undulant Fever
- Whooping Cough
- Yellow Fever