from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Obesity is almost always related to lifestyle factors...
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Increase carbon consumption by
- prolonged Cold Tub Bath
- Vigorous Exercise daily
- Reduce caloric intake
- Never work patient to weakness or exhaustion
- Test strength weekly with dynamometry
- Cardiac Insufficiency
- Albuminuria,treat as in Acute Nephritis
- Swollen Painful Joints
- Fevers - see Typhoid Complications
- Prolonged hot baths, short are OK
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Obesity diasthesis - deficient oxidation of fat.
Spoliatives : poor reaction at first but bear prolonged treatments well
- Sweating Treatments (not Russian Bath) especially:
- prolonged Graduated Tonic Cold especially
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Catabolism (breakdown) is increased by
- all cold
- prolonged or excess heat
Anabolism (building up) is increased by
- Graduated Tonic Cold (often more than catabolism. Heat has no effect.
Therefore Graduated Tonic Cold has little effect on weight loss. (though it increases general vitality and metabolism) So if the aim is purely to reduce weight then use extreme Diaphoretics unaccompanied by cold. ie.
Diaphoretics the best being...
all the above with - free Water Drinking
Daily prolonged treatment followed by a very brief
- Acute Gastritis
- Amoebic Dysentery
- Biliary Inflammations
- Catarrhal Jaundice
- Chronic Colitis
- Chronic Diarrhoea
- Chronic Dysentery
- Chronic Gastritis
- Dental Diseases
- Diarrhoea - Chronic
- Gastric Atony
- Gastric Dilation
- Gastritis - Chronic
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gum Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Kidney Stones
- Nervous Dyspepsia
- Peptic Ulcer
- Prolapsed Intestines
- Sclerosis of the Liver
- Stomach Dilation
- Subacute Pancreatitis
- Ulcerative Colitis