from Hydrothermic Remedies...
After any surgery
- prevent Pulmonary Congestion and Respiratory Depression
- prevent obstruction by Enema especially after hysterectomy
Persistent pain after pelvic surgery
- Applications to Mucous Passages to vagina
- Hot and Cold Lung Compress after eye surgery, tonsillectomy, mastectomy, chest surgery and genitourinary surgery.
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
To prevent post-anaesthetic pneumonia, wound and other infections depends on maintaining resistance.
- Anaesthetics and morphine lower resistance and decrease phagocytosis.
The aims of treatments
- Rapid elimination of anaesthetic
- Raise phagocytic activity
- Reduce local congestions especially lungs and at operation site.
To eliminate anaesthetic
- free Water Drinking or if bilious sips of very hot water or swallowing ice chips until can take water.
- routine Gastric Lavage while still under also prevents vomiting and acute Gastric Dilation
- Cold Mitten Friction with Ice Bag to heart
- saline drip
To stimulate phagocytosis and prevent congestion and Phlebitis :
Immediately following op as a routine: vigorous
- Fomentations to chest with...
- Hot Foot Bath or Hot Leg Pack with dry blanket next to skin until skin red approx 20-30min then...
If albumen casts in urine:
- Derivative with Cooling Coil or Cooling Compress to chest
- interrupted by Fomentations or Scotch Compress with
see Pleurisy especially after abdominal surgery for right sided, diaphragmatic and often missed pleurisy use usual treatment