from Hydrothermic Remedies...
For all sprains:
For Ankle Sprain:-
- Deep Alternate Foot Bath to affected foot - Hot 47°C 3 min, Cold well iced, 30sec, 10 changes. 3x day
- After 2 hours begin Ice Pack and Elevation then strap between treatments
- Cold Compress if swelling and pain
- After 2 days of no weight bearing, Trigger Point Workup
- Hot Local Bath in early stages
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Before swelling or within 2 hours:
- Revulsive Sponge: 55°C 2 min; 15°C 20 sec or
- hot Sponge - as hot as possible, temperature raised as tolerated.
Untreated sprain with swelling and inflammation:
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
same treatment for Bruises
- cold immersion 30min every 2hrs, to prevent congestion and serum exudate
After 12hrs to stimulate healing and absorption of swelling: 2-3x/day