from Hydrothermic Remedies...
In Lobar Pneumonia treatment aims at reducing congestion and increasing blood flow to prevent and remove consolidation.
- Hot Foot Bath with Fomentation to Chest (esp over the pain)and Spine, cold to head, followed by Cold Mitten Friction daily
- The first treatment should be very hot and when intense sweating and reaction occur, terminate treatment with
- Following treatments should not cause profuse sweating but Fomentations should still be hot and thick, but apply a shorter time.
- Avoid any chance of chilling, Change quickly, Cold Mitten Friction should be brisk and to one part at a time and dried thoroughly.
- Full treatment in morning only, unless the patient is very ill.
- Hot Foot Bath in the afternoon, treat cough as needed or
- Heating Chest Pack
- Avoid constipation
- Do not fatigue the patient
- Push water, prevent dehydration (shown by cracked lips)
- Sun Bath if patient is amenable
- Steam Inhalation for sputum
- Continue treatments for two days after fever subsides
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
See also Lobar Pneumonia or Broncho-Pneumonia
- Fomentations - 3 quick ones to back then immediate
- Cold Mitten Friction to back then supine lie for
- Hot Foot Bath then immediate
- Cold Mitten Friction to legs then
- 3 Fomentations to chest with
- Cold Mitten Friction to chest and arms
Any of these 3 parts may be given according to patient strength
Usually do whole treatment BID with back or legs alone in evening
- Dry Pack in the frail