SYN: Pharyngitis, Quinsy (tonsil abscess with pus)
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Bed Rest, Fruit Diet, Water Drinking especially carbonated
- Fomentations to throat 3x a day, Throat Compress in interval changed every 15-30 min.
- Steam Inhalation 10-14 minutes hourly
- Enema if bowels inactive
- Very hot Throat Irrigation (gargle) if throat is sensitive
- Ice Bag to throat if very irritated
for Severe acute Tonsillitis see Diphtheria
Problems of Chronic Tonsillitis:
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Acute: high transient fever
- begin with thorough Enema
- Diaphoretics 2-3x a day especially Hot Foot Bath with;
- Cold Mitten Friction or if they can stand Graduated Shower
- well covered Throat Compress and overnight
- antiseptic gargle
After initial treatment:
- Fomentations or Scotch Compress to neck at frequent intervals followed by Throat Compress
- Ice Bag to over tonsils and carotids continuously
- very vigorous Tonics to maintain vitality
lance the abscess after: