from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Neuralgic pain of organ, locally and internal congestion. Treatment is a combination of:
- Analgesics Fomentations, Revulsive Compress etc with
- Sinusoidal, faradic, or static electrical currents.
- Local dry rubbing in general massage in or out of the bath.
- Vertex: Cerebral Anaemia, Endometritis in Endometriosis, Uterine Disease, Bladder Inflammation
- Frontal: Constipation, Hypopepsia (and hypogastric area), eyestrain in Eyeball Inflammations, Toothache from caries of the incisors.
- Occiput: pharyngitis in Tonsillitis, ENT Headache, Neurasthenia from Spinal Irritation including back of neck
- Sternum: Gastric Irritability, Hypopepsia
- Mammary: Uterine Disease
- Dorsum below right shoulder blade: Hepatic Pain
- Dorsum below left shoulder blade: pain in Splenic Congestion
- Central dorsum: Gastric Pain
- Wrists: Ovarian Irritation, Neurasthenia
- Thumbs: Uterine Disease
- Fingers: Bladder Irritation, Ovarian Irritation, Neurasthenia
- Left side of Waist: Dyspepsia, Constipation including whole abdominal surface
- Sacrum: Uterine Disease, Pelvic Pain - firm upper lumber rub
- Outer Hips: Broad ligaments in Uterine Displacements, Ovarian Irritation
- Groins: Spasms of ureter in Kidney Stones
- Inner Knees: Hip pain in Joint Pain
- Heels: Neurasthenia, Ovarian Irritation, Uraemia
- Centripetal massage to all the limbs: Cerebral Hyperaemia