- Metrorrhagia - hemorrhage from uterus between periods
- Menorrhagia - profuse menstrual flow
- Post-partum Haemorrhage
- Bleeding fibroids
from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Try a number of different treatments as some respond better
- hot Vaginal Douche 47-50°C for 2min
- Hot Foot Bath 49°C for 2min, cold applied to low abdomen and inner thighs
- cold tap water Vaginal Irrigation 6min
- Shallow Sitz Bath 15°C 10min with very Hot Foot Bath
- Therapeutic Fever - elevate temperature to 40°C then bring down immediately to 38.5°C for 30 min
- Menorrhagia diet - high steroid foods at least daily (ie corn, apples, carrots, peanuts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, potatoes.)
- One tablespoon of shredded coconut and wheat germ, daily
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Find the cause and treat accordingly. Results are usually good.
- most common : Vegetations of the endometrium; treat surgically
- followed by treatment for Chronic Metritis
- Uterine Inflammation or Uterine Congestion in:
- hot Vaginal Irrigation (not in severe cases)
- Short hot Hip Pack
- Hot Foot Bath then cold Compress to hypogastrium and inner surface of thighs
In obstinate cases:
If all else fails:
- Hot Douche to lower spine, hypogastrium, and inner surface of thighs.
- Prolonged heat (increases haemorrhage) or
- Short cold (increases congestion) to lower spine, abdomen, thighs, hips or feet
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
If due to congestion especially...
- Reflex Haemostatic
- Direct Haemostatic combined with reflex in severe cases
- Treat Visceral Congestion
- Mildest Tonic if with anaemia:
- Graduated Tonic Cold between periods
- Reflex Haemostatic
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
prolonged or profuse menstrual bleeding usually due to subinvolution, vegetations, or fibroids
- Cold Sitz Bath prolonged with accompanying
- very Hot Foot Bath
- Cold Foot Bath only 6cm deep - sometimes enough if patient is on bed rest
- Ice Bag over pubis and between upper thighs with
For post-partum haemorrhage:
if immediate and profuse
- heavy massage of uterus through the abdominal wall or failing this - very hot Intra-Uterine Irrigation
- Chronic Metritis
- Fibroid Cancer
- Irritable Rectum
- Metrorrhagia or Menorrhagia
- Pelvic Cellulitis
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Peritonitis
- Post-Partum Haemorrhage
- Testicle Inflammation
- Uterine Haemorrhage