from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
The most thorough cleaning measure.
To finish after Diaphoretics.
Precede by manipulations and heavy friction to loosen 'dead skin'.
- Two buckets of water at 32 and 38-40°C
- Loofah or shampoo brush, soap, two towelling mitts, two sheets and towels. Hair cap for women.
- Can perform in sauna or Russian Bath after the treatment.
- Doubled sheet over warm slab.
- Wet the face with 32°C water.
- Using hands, dash water over each part separately, using long strokes, quickly covering the body.
- Rub until dead skin is thoroughly loosened. Begin with neck, about the ears, hair, forehead, over nose and chin.
- Wash off loosened epidermis, dipping hands frequently.
- For chest and abdomen, after applying water, use transverse wringing and reinforced rubbing, covering each part several times.
- Wash off with water.
- For arms and legs use spiral friction and wringing.
- Use thumbs to rub well about the ankles soles and knees.
- Turn the patient to do chest, thighs and legs.
- Wash off entire surface with water.
- Dip mitt in 38-40°C water
- Beginning with back and backs of legs, go over each part twice, rubbing thoroughly.
- Turn patient and treat chest, abdomen limbs.
- Wash off with rest of the bucket.